The 2nd Annual Sew Sisters Artist Guild Society Artist Benefit this year is in honour of our long standing member, Mr. Ron Pogue. A father to 5 children, Ron has recently fractured his foot and is unable to work.
Since the start Ron Pogue has been a vibrant part of the Guild and community. Besides providing boxes of organic tea, coffee, treats and supplies to our Members Cafe, Ron has volunteered his time as the Resident Photographer. Contributing thousands of pictures and doing over 20 photo shoots, Ron has made this work available for our members portfolios at no charge.
This March of 2012, Ron has partnered in opening ‘Studio B’ where he continues to take photos and display his work. We are very excited to showcase SSAGS’ new look on the eve of our 3rd Birthday alongside the fundraiser festivities taking place at Ron’s Gallery just two doors down. Cumberland will be alive with lots of other exciting happenings, too!
Join us for the following:
11am – 6pm : Village Muse Books & Qurios Launch
(The Abbey – 1st and Pendrith)
Check out Cumberland’s new bookstore brought to you by
SSAGS members Kathy Stoyko and Anne-Marie Scott!
5pm – 10pm : Studio B Mixer
(2704B Dunsmuir Ave)
- Beer & Wine, Tapas Plates by Gourmet Girls (SSAGS Members Linda Shaben Mariana Laviolette
- Holiday Card Photo Shoot with Ron (every one is invited to dress up and get your picture taken. Pictures will be available Online for your personal use)
- Raffle for a piece of Ron’s original work
5pm – 10pm : Sew Sisters Artist Guild Society Open House
(2702 Dunsmuir Ave)
- Celebrate the Guild’s 3rd Birthday!
- Silent Auction (Funds Raised will be donated to Ron Pogue)
- Food and Drink ticket sales
5pm – 10pm : Community Garden Burn
(Behind SSAGS and Studio B)
- Fire pit and acoustic music
10pm – 2am : CVW Presents The Funk Hunters and Dubtecha
(The Waverley Hotel – 2692 Dunsmuir)
- Dance Party Finale!
- Partial proceeds go to Ron
The coordinating team (Paulina, ABE, Brett, Vig, Eva, Andy, Curtis and Daniel) is very excited to start moving ahead with this event. Volunteers welcome. Please contact Andrew 250 792 0786 or Paulina 250 702 4233 directly if interested in contributing in any way.
Things we require:
- Hand made Artist Originals for silent auction
- Local Business sponsorship for silent auction
- Baked goods and desserts
- Organic Apple Cider and other Organic Beverages
- Two Large Tents (20 x10’) for out back
- Poster distribution
- Lighting (including laser lights)
- Projector and large screen